Bilbao.net has been developed using accessible design and programming principles, with the aim of guaranteeing universal access to the greatest possible number of users.
Said criteria are based on the WCAG/WAI recommendations of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), an international consortium that works to develop standards for the World Wide Web.
We have met the highest level of accessibility contained in said recommendations at all times (level AAA). Likewise, the source code for this website has been developed using XHTML and CSS2, as recommended by W3C for the correct independent display of navigation elements and the correct separation between style and content. .
Certificación de Accesibilidad TIC de AENOR
This website has obtained ITC Accessibility Certification from AENOR in accordance with the UNE 139803 Standard, "Computer applications for people with disabilities. Web content accessibility requirements", of 18 February 2008. This certificate is proof of level ‘AA’ compliance with the Accessibility Guidelines recommended by the WAI working group of the W3C.
Accessibility for the hearing-impaired:
Bilbao City Council is a pioneer in translating the content of its website into sign language.
To view the information accessible in sign language, click on the following Areas:
- Social Action Area:
- Scope of action of the Social Action Area
- Grassroots Social Action
- Equality, Cooperation and Citizenship Area:
- Scope of action of the Equality, Cooperation and Citizenship Area
- Against gender violence
- Geu BIOk: erasorik gabeko internet gunea
- III Plan Municipal para la Igualdad de mujeres y hombres
- Programa Municipal contra la Violencia de Género - ÁREA DE ATENCIÓN
- Plan Director de Cooperación 2010-2013
Direct access keyboard shortcuts
We have included some keyboard shortcuts for quicker access to the key features of the various website pages. The access keys are as follows:
- 0: Access
- 1: Home page
- 2: Search engine
- 3: Help
- 4: Site map
- 6: Your city council is listening
- 7: RSS page
- S: Content
- L: ReadSpeaker
The combination to enable the keyboard shortcuts is as follows, depending on the browser you use:
- Chrome: Alt + access key
- Windows: Alt + Shift + access key
- Mac: Ctrl + access key
- Internet Explorer: Alt + access key + Enter
- Konkeror: Ctrl + access key
- Opera: Esc + Shift + access key
- Windows: Alt + access key
- Mac: Ctrl + Opt + access key
Likewise, navigation between links on each page can be performed using the tab key.
Interface text sizes
All font sizes and other page elements have been implemented using relative units. In so doing, their size can be changed using the controls available in each browser. In addition to using the corresponding menu options, this function can be evoked using the following shortcuts:
- Internet Explorer : Control and Mouse Wheel.
- Mozilla Firefox : Control and Mouse Wheel , Control and - or Control and +.
- Opera: Control and Mouse Wheel , Control and - or Controland+.
- Netscape: Control and - or Control and +.
- Safari: Comando and - or Comando and +.
Due to technical reasons or the requirements of applications used, some of the content provided on the site may not comply with the aforementioned accessibility recommendations. This type of content will always be displayed in a new browser window, the opening of which will be notified in the link text.
However, if you should have any accessibility problems or wish to make any comments or suggestions on this subject, please contact us.